Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back from the Texas Coast

Wednesday night, I returned to the frigid Michigan winter after a couple of days on Galveston Island, Texas. I went to Galveston for the 2008 Gulf Coast Conference. Yep, that's not a typo...I said 2008 Conference. Hurricane Ike came through Galveston last year and postponed the conference. The island is still recovery from the total devastation of the Hurricane. We took a drive along Seawall Blvd and saw house after house with damaged roofs, missing stairs, and even some washed out roads. Galveston is doing a great job trying to repairing resorts and restaurants that thrive on tourism. I stayed at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort. The hotel was right on the Gulf of Mexico. Here are some pics that I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment