Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pork Chops l'Orange

I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight - Pork Chops l'Orange. Recipe came from my VersaWARE Crockpot recipe book. Easy recipe and quite tasty. Just know that a little sauce goes a long way. I think I overdid it when I served the pork chops.

**Note: I can use my crockpot on the stove. May need to use a pan instead.**

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp EVOO
4-8 pork chops
1/3 cup OJ (I used simply orange)
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar, packed
1 tsp orange zest
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water


Heat EVOO in crockpot on low on the stove, turn to medium after a few minutes. Once the oil is hot, sear each pork chop for 1-2 minutes or until the pork chop is lightly browned and then remove.

Place the OJ, salt, honey, brown sugar, and orange zest into the crockpot. Stir to mix. Add pork chops and turn to coat each side with the sauce. Transfer the crockpot to the heating base unit. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-2 hours or LOW for 4-5 hours.

Remove pork chops to a warmed plate and transfer the remaining liquid to a small, heavy saucepan. Heat the liquid over medium-high heat until the liquid begins to boil. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water. Mix well and add to the orange sauce. Stir the orange sauce to mix together the sauce completely. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

To serve, spoon the orange sauce over the pork chops and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment